Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Nursing the Nurse

Sorry for the delay in today's posting, I just returned from a grueling 24 hour mission tending to my post-surgical mom (cataracts) at her condo.  My duties entailed:

  • Putting a couple eye drops in every 4-6 hours
  • Taking a nap
  • Catching up on a month worth of People Magazines
  • Not doing a lick of laundry

My sister-in-law and I are already fighting over who gets to "take care" of her next month when she has the other eye done.  Given her history of complications due to anesthesia, I'm praying the doctors insist on a 48-hour monitoring period.  I might have to buy some Enquirers then.

3 comments:

  1. HMMM,

    I was wondering how your mom is doing. Did you happen to notice while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary - Oh...wait. I think I did see her before I left. (; She did great - has some slight pain and is still a little run-down from anesthesia. I'll bring some espresso on Friday & she'll be good as new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your Mom wants to exchange one of the boys for another daughter, call me. Put my name in the hat for the other eye. I'll even read those terrible tabloids.

    ReplyDelete