Friday, March 16, 2012

The Wall Street Journal Called. Really.

I was going to keep this rather hush-hush, but my sister spilled the beans on Facebook yesterday, so I figure I'd let you guys in.

A reporter from the Wall Street Journal online site contacted me this week.

"Shut the f*ck up," you say?

Yup.  The Wall Street Flippin' Journal.  You read it here first (unless you read my sister's Facebook, then second).

This reporter (whose name I will reveal in due time in case I imagined this whole thing or my meds are off) is writing an online story about sibling rivalry.  She must have come across my blog with the infamous beehive picture:


I agreed to a phone interview during the exact time I was picking the boys up from school.  I sent them to the playground while the interview took place.  Here's a brief recap:

Savvy Reporter:  So tell me about growing up.

Me (as Joey tells me he has to pee): Growing up? What Joey?  Yes my sister would borrow and ruin ALL my clothes.  She even broke my Holly Hobbie Oven.  NOT NOW, Joey.

Savvy Reporter:  Pardon me?

Me:  Oh, not you.  I'm yelling at my son.

Savvy Reporter:  Okay...now did you and your sister ever compete in any areas?

Me:  NO!  PUT THAT DOWN!

Savvy Reporter:  Sorry?

Me:  Not you.  Compete?  Oh my God, my sister has boobs to die for...wait...can I say boobs?  Is that not suitable for the Wall Street Journal?  STOP IT.

Savvy Reporter:  Stop what?

Me:  Sorry, I was yelling at Dan.  What were we talking about?  Oh, right.  My sister has a great rack.  I totally got robbed in that department. 

Savvy Reporter:  Hang on, let me finish writing this down.

Me:  Writing what down?

Savvy Reporter:  About your sister's....er.....

Me:  Boobs.  Right.  Want me to tell you how she used to fill my hairspray bottles with water?  STOP FIGHTING!

Oh my God.  Megan is so going to kill me.  And my brand of  crazy is going NATIONAL!

To be continued.....

14 comments:

  1. Congrats Marianne! That is so cool.
    I would rather be famous than have great boobs.
    Look forward to reading the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be infamous...and have big boobs. I'm totally giving you bunny ears during the shoot.

    XOXO

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! I just renewed my subscription to their online paper YESterday! I guess they were waiting for some more money to come in to be able to afford to do your story. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I can't tell you how many coversations I have had on the phone that went like that...except for the boob part, I got the boobs in the family :) Pretty awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stop laughing! The dreaded phone interview while trying to keep two kids from self-desctructing. Congratulations on being awesome. I think it's pretty exciting. I can't wait to read what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your brand of crazy if my very favorite brand. Never settle for a generic brand of crazy! I feel like there's a commercial in here somewhere. Contact me to set that up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totaly absorbed in every chapter of you and your sister's non-fictional adventures of growing up.
    SF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes..you're were correct, a truly "WTF" moment. Just think the whole country is on pins and needles wanting to hear more about...eh, er, aaa, boobs.

    Soon we'll all be watching you on that TV show of intellects and deep thinkers titled "The View". Then comes 60 minutes and Meet The Press. And to think we all knew ye when you were living the quiet life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so funny! Hopefully, the reporter has kids, so he'll understand. Maybe?
    (I have 3 sisters and they all have better racks than I do. SO unfair!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting! Congratulations! I love and adore the conversation broken up by yelling at the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooh hoo! Fame at last!

    Congratulations Marianne!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are on the fame train! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats!!!!!!! you deserve it!!! (and now I can say I knew you when.........)

    xxo
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks all! I'm pretty sure I publicly humiliated myself, but what else is new?

    ReplyDelete