Monday, March 11, 2013

In a Neighborhood Far, Far Away

Due to an important commitment, I missed out on this year's famed Southside Irish Parade.  Yet because of my generous neighbors and relatives with cameras, I still feel as though I was a part things.  So thank you to everyone who shared their pictures and adventures!  There's nothing quite like this day in all of Chicago:

This year was dedicated to first responders.  Photo credit: Allyson "Sassypants" Coglianese

My favorite leprechaun.

The next pope?  Photo credit: Megan Putman

Simply awesome.  Photo credit: Kelly O'Connor

Note: Darth Vader is wearing a kilt.  Photo credit: Kelly O'Connor
 
Best Next-Door-Neighbor EVER.  Blood drive May 5th - info HERE.

Photo credit: Megan Putman

17 comments:

  1. Was it a commitment to keep warm.

    Being too cold is why my hubby didn't want to go to the Strawberry Festival parade in Plant City and so we didn't go.

    Love the humor of some of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! Once you have a few beers, the cold is not an issue. The Irish have their stereotype for a reason, no? (;

      Delete
  2. I would love this. In my next life, I will marry someone of Irish heritage, not an Irish university.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or just marry me and make me cool, refurbished furniture, 'kay? (:

      Delete
  3. The Pope was some guy from Fox News that made all the twenty-something year old girls around me giddy. He ran over when one of them asked for a hug. He came over to hug me and I stepped back and said, "No thanks." I made the Pope mad. How many people can say that?!?

    Missed you.

    Penis!

    XOXO

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shot down the POPE??? What kind of Catholic are you! Glad you had fun!

      Delete
  4. LOVE! The parade here is this weekend, and I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VADER and friends!!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that would be right up your alley, Andrea!

      Delete
  6. I'm sure our St. Patrick's Day parade can't compare, but I totally love it! Can't wait for Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a cool parade. Is there any reason why it takes place before St. Patrick's Day?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Betty! The southside parade is always the Sunday BEFORE St. Patrick's Day so as to not compete with the downtown/dying-the-river-green version (northside parade). Ours is way better.

      Delete
  8. I love that Darth was wearing a kilt. I had a feeling he was Irish! What a cool parade. All those green wigs are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vader is totally Irish. I think I've seen him up at the pubs a couple of times. Drinks DARK beer HAHAHAHAHAHA. I kill me.

      Delete