Friday, November 14, 2014

Week 24: The Contest - Wave Hoop

Week 24 of THE CONTEST brings me to my latest obsession:  HOOPING. 

----------------

Dear Wave Hoop -

As a 41 year-old stay-at-home mom, I thought my window for reinventing myself was long-since closed. Then I discovered your Wave Hoop. Like many moms of a certain age, most cheap little plastic hoops just don’t pass muster against the proud child-bearing hips of the middle-aged woman. As a former hooper, I was convinced I would never experience hooping joy again.

Your Wave Hoop changed all that. The hoop is substantial enough to maintain its old flight pattern around my hips. I was transported back in time to carefree hooping days of lore. The water inside? GENIUS. I have shed two inches from my waist. And I realize now that it is never too late to reinvent oneself.

My name is Marianne. And I hoop.

Sincerely,

Marianne Walsh

-----------------------

Andrea might have me beat this week as to date, nada.

It really doesn't matter.

All the happy hooping endorphins keep me content with my current 68 points.

6 comments:

  1. Oh there's a whole new contest brewing now hoopster!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should ask for one for Christmas. Maybe they are sending you the 2015 upgraded hoop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom is this tiny little wisp of a 76-year-old thang and you should see her hoop! I don't think she could manage the heavy ones, but she's a master with the cheap plastic ones. Perhaps I should invest in your Wave. I've been on steroids for what seems like forever. If I swing this thing around my face, perhaps it will get rid of the "moon effect." Hmmm.....

    -andi

    ReplyDelete