Friday, January 16, 2015

The Contest - Week 30: HotHands Hand Warmers

Week 30 of The Contest has me honoring a product I wish I knew about during last year's Polar Vortex.  Better late than never!


Dear HotHands Hand Warmers,

Based on the expression “cold hands, warm heart,” I am practically Mother Teresa. That is, my hands are blocks of ice most of the time. I also have a very cold nose. This quite possibly qualifies me as part Labrador.

With three sons who love the outdoors and all things winter, I have suffered through many cold seasons with empty bags of Wonder Bread covering my hands beneath mittens. I figured if it was good enough to do in the 1970s, it was certainly good enough to do now.

The kids?  They never get cold.

For the record, it is SO not good enough.

Recently, one of my son’s hockey dads gifted me with HotHands Hand Warmers. The result? I could not rid my pantry of hundreds of empty Wonder Bread bags fast enough. How I did not know about this miraculous invention is beyond baffling. But this winter? I don't even hate sledding.

And maybe I even took the kids to an outdoor ice rink.

All because of you.

And your Hand Warmers.

Sincerely,
Marianne Walsh

---------------------------------

While I have not received a response to date, I am still holding out hope - which leaves my total at 69.  To check out the competition, visit Andrea today!

4 comments:

  1. I love those hot hands things.
    They saved my ass at many a soccer game.
    OMG I JUST THOUGHT OF WHERE I AM PUTTING MY HOT HANDS FROM NOW ON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had these because I'm not dumb enough to sit outside when it's cold. But I do have a heated steering wheel. I highly recommend one. They're the BOMB!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete